Cloud computing was previously seen as something that only large companies would invest in, but now almost every business is using the cloud in some way or another. If you’re looking for a cloud solution that’s suitable for your small business, consider signing up for Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS offers a wide array of services to help you launch, manage, and scale your business. From lower infrastructure costs to greater scalability, this cloud platform can be beneficial to your business in many ways. Find out if AWS is the right option for your business.
What Is AWS?
AWS is currently the most comprehensive and widely used cloud platform in the world, providing more than 175 services from data centers around the world. These services are geared toward helping businesses of all sizes build and maintain a strong digital infrastructure. Examples of services available include cloud storage, database construction, data analytics, networking, development tools, and enterprise applications. You can gain access to AWS services on an on-demand basis and pay for them as you go.
Which AWS Products Are Useful for Small Businesses?
With so many options available, you may have a hard time knowing which AWS products are useful to your company. The following are some of the services that can make life easier for small businesses:
- Platforms: With a wide array of frameworks, devices, and languages, AWS has something for everybody. It offers many platforms that are designed to enhance consistency, integration, trade administration, and security. You can also find administration frameworks and tools for versatile applications, personal computers, and gaming frameworks.
- Core cloud infrastructure services: AWS uses the power and storage capability of the cloud to provide small businesses with a wide range of benefits in terms of processing, database management, and system administration.
- Platform services: Besides offering many different platforms, AWS also has a variety of solid cloud-based platform administration services to facilitate business growth. These services include enterprise applications, web administration, data analytics, and mobile services.
- Developer productivity or operational efficiency: As an AWS user, you’ll also have access to many critical instruments for effective applications, administration, identity, and security.
How AWS Benefits Your Small Business
In recent years, AWS has established itself as one of the most preferred cloud computing options for small businesses. The following are some of the compelling benefits it offers:
- Cost-effectiveness: AWS is a great option for start-ups and small businesses because of its low entry cost. You can start reaping the benefits of cloud computing with only a small investment. Also, you’re only required to pay for the services you use, meaning you don’t have to commit to a long-term contract. Once you start using AWS, you’ll be able to save in the form of improved productivity and uptime.
- Great scalability: With its current infrastructure and payment model, AWS enables its users to enjoy almost limitless scalability. If it’s good enough for large corporations such as Comcast and Netflix, it’s definitely good enough for small businesses like yours. Additionally, the platform is adding capacity every day. As your business evolves, you can easily implement or take away resources and services at a reasonable cost.
- Excellent security: Some people think that cloud computing offers less security than traditional computing, but this isn’t true. While it isn’t perfectly safe, AWS has stringent security measures in place to help mitigate risk. All its users’ data is stored in data centers that meet the highest residency and compliance standards. With its existing security model, this cloud platform enables even the smallest company to enjoy the same world-class security as a large corporation.
- More uptime: Cloud computing doesn’t eliminate the possibility of downtime, but AWS should more than meet your expectations in terms of reliability. It has a higher uptime rate than Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Increased productivity: As an AWS user, you’ll also enjoy quicker deployment and better application performance, which helps you and your employees work more efficiently. With proper training, you can use the platform to further improve productivity and bring down your infrastructure and staffing costs.
- Flexible services: Whether you’re switching from a different cloud service provider or restructuring your company’s local IT infrastructure, AWS offers great flexibility and plenty of options. You can choose an operating system, programming language, and database that work best for your particular environment. With this flexibility, businesses are able to deploy faster and stay agile.
- Continuous improvement: The great thing about using AWS is that most of the benefits it provides increase over time. Greater cost savings, productivity, reliability, productivity, flexibility, and scalability are some of the reasons why you should sign up for AWS as soon as possible.
Why You Should Consider Working With an AWS-Managed Service Provider
Many small business owners may be hesitant to commit to cloud computing because they think that it requires them to have a lot of specialized technical knowledge and maintenance in order to use. Nonetheless, it isn’t necessarily so. Rather than dealing with the complexities of cloud computing on your own, you can work with a certified AWS-managed service provider instead. By doing so, you’ll be able to embrace DevOps and Agile methodologies without putting the burden of infrastructure management on your technical and delivery teams. You have the freedom to entirely outsource the technical side of your AWS infrastructure or only hire specialist engineers to handle the more complex aspects.If you’re thinking of hiring an AWS-managed service provider, consider working with Dom & Tom. As a member of the AWS Partner Network (APN), we have the necessary expertise and qualifications to help you design, build, migrate, and manage your applications and workloads on AWS. Through a partnership with us, you’ll be able to take full advantage of the benefits that AWS offers and enjoy further cost savings and improvements in uptime, productivity, stability, scalability, and security. Additionally, we provide frequent updates, perform regular backups, and attend to compliance control. Contact us today to accelerate your cloud journey.