Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product development agency focused on emerging technologies. From startups to enterprise solutions the apps we produce for our clients support their strategic initiatives first and foremost through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, and cross-platform development for both web and mobile.
Dom & Tom has launched 300+ web projects and 110 native mobile applications with teams located in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. As a growing company, we continually look for smart, versatile individuals who not only offer the skills required to work in the fast-paced digital agency world, but those who strive for excellence in the services they provide, the products they deliver and who represent our company culture, which values ethical behavior and respect for employees.
DOM & TOM LEVEL OF EXPECTATIONS FOR STAFF
All Staff at Dom & Tom are asked to meet the following expectations:
- Expect excellence by establishing high but achievable standards for yourself, your peers, and your direct reports. Hold yourself accountable.
- Be open, flexible and adaptable to change. We are a growing company and need to adapt to new means of managing increased production.
- Communicate and cooperate by including all who need-to-know, by listening actively, by asking questions, by using a constructive attitude, and by tailoring your communication methods to your audience.
- Work effectively with your peers with a team-focused mindset.
- Learn and improve your skills on a constant basis.
- Write standards-compliant code as per requirements of the project throughout the entire project life cycle
- Test, debug, and build code that works across multiple browsers and digital platforms
- Working closely with project manager to deliver project requirements and deadlines
- Ensure that standards and processes are being adhered to. Identify standards processes that can be improved to the benefit of the project or the department, or that should otherwise be revisited
- Creatively find solutions to engineering challenges
- Work closely with web and mobile designers and translate their designs into websites, apps, and interactive experiences
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Document all work to departmental and company standards (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Use company project management and other software (Jira, Safe, etc) appropriately per company best practices
- Reviewing projects post-mortem for process refinements for future estimating
- Promoting a project culture that encourages continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency and/or expertise in PHP, NodeJS, MySQL, Postgres and other relevant coding languages (Backend)
- Understanding the underlying systems on which web applications are developed
Skills and Characteristics
- Solid communication (written and verbal), presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including clients.
- Collaborating on designing web applications in such a way as future enhancements would be easily accommodated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Intelligent, creative problem solving.
- Desire to learn and improve existing technical skills.
- A passion for technology in general
If interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://domandtom.applytojob.com/apply/DkIPjuzffs/M...